Well I just got my belly pierced two days ago, so here is the best answers I can give you.
1. Is it worth getting one? Yes, I loooooove mine. It's just so cute.
2. Is it true that the younger you are the less painful it would be? Well, i'm 23. It hurt, but it wasn't unbearable.
3. Does it hurt really badly? From a scale to 1 - 10. My second earlobe didn't hurt at all when I got it done either (like a 2, if that). The belly piercing hurt about a 6. I mean, it did hurt but it was only for a few seconds and literrally couldn't feel a thing when she was done.
4. How exactly do they pierce it? Do they use a gun? Like they do with earlobes? She used a toothpick and some ink to mark the spot. Laid me on the chair thing, and used a tong to pick up the skin that would be getting pierced. Told me to take a deep breath and then she put it in. I couldn't see what she used, but I'm very sure it wasn't a gun but don't quote me on that.
Heres a video to show you basically the process: (not me though lol)
5. How old do you think it is appropriate for someone to get a belly button piercing? I would say fourteen/fifteen or older.
6. What are some negatives about it? I have to clean it 3x a day, which can be a lot. And I'm very conscious of it, but have accidently run my hand across it a few times and its a little uncomfy (but just for that second).
7. Does it hurt when you clean it? No. But if you're not a gentle person, maybe.
8. Is it okay if you leave the piercing in there and never change it? I doubt it. I just imagine that the metal would rust or something. Like, maybe if you took it out and cleaned the bar it would be fine.
9. Is the piercing annoying after a while? Only had it two days, the only time it annoyed me was when I was scared to sleep cause I thought it would unscrew. But my roommate told me it wouldn't.
10. Belly button or nose piercing? I say belly because during the healing process it is easier to hide ((for like job interviews and such), its cute in the summer with a bikini and the days you wear a shortish shirt, its cute when it becomes slightly visible lol.